Opalavision on The GREEN CHANNEL
Click screen controls to select a story.
New episodes produced monthly.
- Sort It Out – Live performers tour schools on Oahu. The show that keeps kids laughing and learning the 3 R's.
- Where Do Things Go? – The Honolulu Theatre for Youth production brings trash cans to life to help us sort it out.
- What's in Your Cart? – Costco helps customers sort it out for recycling.
- Car Care Recycling – Lex Brodie's shows how to be green while caring for your car, recycling tires, used oil, batteries, antifreeze and more.
- SECRETS OF RECYCLING Chapter 4: The Pickup Job aka Dead Leaves Don't Wear Plastic – Brandi & Cody tip off Ari on yard recycling the easy way.
- Drycleaner Recycling – Young Laundry & Drycleaning goes green while getting laundry clean.
- SECRETS OF RECYCLING Chapter 3: Web of Clues
Cody shows Ari how easy it is to find his collection schedules on opala.org
- RESTAURANT RECYCLING
Gyotaku's owner shares his recycling secrets of success.
- SECRETS OF RECYCLING Chapter 2: Message on the Bottle
Jonah gives Ari the down-low on which plastics to recycle.
- SECRETS OF RECYCLING Chapter 1: The Perfect Setup
Ari and Brandi uncover the secret to easy household recycling.
- Office Recycling – Cody shows Brandi how paper recycling really adds up.
- Big Metal - Jonah weighs in with metal recycling facts.
- Great Waste, Less Filling – Get the inside dirt on landfills with Jonah and Ari.
- Trashes to Ashes – Brandi and Ari reveal the awesome power of turning waste to energy at H-POWER.
- It's So Easy Being Green... With Green Waste – Ari and Brandi show how green waste becomes an asset for our island, and how your efforts can help.
- Baby, Baby, Where Does Our Stuff Go? – Trash Investigative Reporter Tamara discovers what happens to the recyclables in our blue carts.
- Bulky Items – What's the Big Deal? – Jonah proves that he's a big thinker, at least when it comes to opala. Learn how and, just as important, when to properly dispose of bulky items on Oahu.
- Recycling is Good Business – Take a brief tour of some of the ways Hawaii businesses are contributing and recycling.
- There’s No Power Like H-POWER – We
take a behind-the-scenes look at how the H-POWER
plant on Oahu takes waste and converts it to energy
to power Oahu’s homes.
- Pimp My Ride, City and County
Edition – Think
that recycling truck is just a giant tub with a driver
up front? Our Trash Investigative Reporter, Tamara,
hops in for a ride in the big truck.
- Henry Kapono’s commitment to
recycling – Our own Opala expert, Jonah, interviews
Henry Kapono about his decades-long commitment to
preserving our island paradise through his support
of the City and County of Honolulu’s recycling
- Food For Worms – The Opalavision
team shows how some elementary school students get
their hands dirty in the name of recycling – elbow
deep in an 18-foot worm composting bin!
- It’s Cool for Condos – Opalavision’s
Cody Cool takes a look at Chateau Waikiki and points
out just how easy it is for a condo building to get
a recycling program started with the City’s
- Did you know? – A regular segment
in which our own Opala expert, Jonah, gives us some
facts about recycling that can keep us all motivated
to help sustain a greener Hawaii.
- Recycling Display Tour - The Green Channel/curbside recycling educational display tours Oahu libraries and public places.