Find Your Collection Schedules: Type in your address below to see your refuse, bulky item, and recycling collection schedules. You can also find the nearest Convenience Center, Community Recycling Bin, and HI-5 Redemption Center.
Disable your browser's "pop-up blocker" before initiating collection schedule search below. Microsoft Silverlight may be needed to use the search function. To install Silverlight, click here.
Having trouble? Call 768-3200 for assistance.
Military housing -- contact your base property managers.
Collection Service: Your neighborhood is serviced twice per week, either Monday/Thursday, Tuesday/Friday or Wednesday/Saturday. One day is designated for refuse pickup and the other for recycling pickup. Most island homes are using the wheeled carts provided by the City, but some areas where automated collection is not possible, are still serviced with a manual collection system using your own 35-gallon containers. If you are located in a manual collection area, both of your weekly collection days are for mixed waste, no sorting as yet. Recycling was expanded to the automated areas first, and plans for the manual areas are currently underway. All areas have monthly collection of bulky items, including multi-family, residential apartment buildings.
Find more details using the following links:
- 3-Cart Refuse / Recycling Collection – program description, what to recycle, request additional carts, collection schedules and calendars
- If your home is serviced in the manual pickup system, manual collection does not include recycling at this time, but is being considered for the future. Drop-off community recycling bins and convenience centers are available.
- Residential Refuse Collection – rules and guidelines for placing your refuse at the curb, using the carts, restricted items
- Bulky Item Collection – rules and guidelines for placing your bulky items at the curb, what's collected, what's not collected, sector descriptions/maps
Holiday Collection: The City provides scheduled collection service on all holidays except Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. For those two holidays:
- If you use the 3-cart collection system, with once-per-week refuse and once-per-week recycling pickup – when your refuse day falls on these holidays, the missed collection will be made up on the following 1-2 days. Please leave the gray cart at the curb until it is serviced. Recycling days that fall on these holidays will not be made up. Please hold mixed recyclables and green waste for the next scheduled pickup.
- If you have twice-per-week refuse only manual collection – please hold your refuse for the next scheduled day.
- Bulky collection will continue on the days following the holiday. Since bulky pickup is conducted over a 3-4 day period in each sector, the collection crews will make up the holiday on the other days.
- Click here for Holiday Trash Tips.
Broken Carts: Please contact the collection yard that services your area. Our supervisors can often repair broken wheels or lid hinges; otherwise, the cart will be replaced.
are committed to maintaining good customer service and to make
every effort to provide the public with convenient, courteous
and uninterrupted service. But it happens -- trucks break down
or H-POWER fills up for the day and you come home to find your cart unemptied, still standing at the
curb. Disruptions and delays in service are undoubtedly
inconvenient for the public. Please be assured that we are
working diligently to correct the problems quickly.
If you cart is not serviced on the scheduled collection day, please leave your gray cart out if it has not been serviced. The City will make efforts to service it on the next day or as soon as possible. If your green waste cart or blue mixed recyclables cart has not been serviced by 7:00 p.m. on the following day, please return the cart to your property and set it out on your next scheduled collection day.