Honolulu Bulky Item Collection Pilot
Beginning June 3, 2019, residents in metro Honolulu (Foster Village to Hawaii Kai) will be required to make appointments for collection of their bulky items. The regular monthly collection will not occur.
Consider Reuse options for your items before disposal:
There are numerous nonprofit organizations involved in reuse operations and some may provide pickup services. A donation of goods to a qualified organization with 501(c)(3) status may even provide a tax deduction for the donor.
Bulky Item Collection Rules and Guidlines
Frequently Asked Questions
Notification Letter for Single Family Homes
Notification Letter for Multi-Unit Residential Buildings
Bulky Pilot Brochure
Videos and Interviews
- Only one appointment per address can be made per month.
- Appointments can be made up to three months in advance.
- Description and quantity of items is required.
- Single family homes are able to dispose of up to five (5) bulky waste items.
- Multi-unit residential buildings must schedule appointments through your property management, AOAO or maintenance in order to consolidate appointments. Multi-unit dwellings are able to dispose of up to twenty (20) bulky waste items per appointment.
- Appointments can be made using the tool below or by calling 768-3200.
Drop-off options: If you are unable to wait until the next available appointment, drop-off options are available every day. Additionally, Keehi Transfer Station on Middle Street accepts combustible bulky items (no appliances) and household waste. Listing of Convenience Centers and Transfer Stations, hours and guidelines for use.
To schedule an appointment enter your address in the tool below:
Enforcement/Education: During this pilot program, Refuse Inspectors will be dispatched to the pilot areas to ensure the public is properly following the new bulky item collection rules and procedures. Public education and outreach will be the primary focus to encourage compliance prior to warnings or violations being issued.
Community Input: Data will be collected to analyze various components of the bulky item pilot program. If you would like to leave your feedback, please take our survey and provide your comments and concerns using the survey tab in the tool above. THIS SURVEY SHOULD ONLY BE COMPLETED BY THOSE AFFECTED BY THE PILOT IN THE HONOLULU AREA.